Saturday, May 31, 2008

Birth Space Transformation and Birth Bead Pics

Finally feeling like the room is as ready as it can be, so I wanted to do the transformation post! This room was such a disaster/play area before we started.

First, the BEFORE of the view toward the backyard. The AFTER pic - you can see the edge of the birth tub in the foreground.
BEFORE pic in the other direction.
IN PROGRESS pic. Straightened up, but still with ghetto curtains and white walls.
And the AFTER pic - OK, so I guess it is more of a birth pool than a birth tub! The stuff from the Blessing altar has all been moved to the table under the window. My friend Nadine sewed the material into curtains for me and they look 100% better!
Almost finished birth bead necklace...
...which I finished today and was inspired to take some pictures. Here is a close up of the necklace:
Here is Orion messing around on the bed while we were trying to take pictures.
But that is OK because we got my favorite picture ever of the two of us!
Playing around with filters for an interesting affect.
The rest were nudes, and I wasn't sure about posting them here. I don't want my blog to get flagged for adult content or anything LOL. I did put some on Flickr - email me if you want the link.

5 comments:

Amoreena said...

You have a lovely birthing place, it was a very nice spot to visit. Hope that you find it peaceful and comfortable when it's time to use it!

CanCan said...

Wow what a sanctuary!
Tell me more about the necklace. I haven't heard of a birthing necklace. I'm intrigued.

Lisa said...

The necklace is actually made all from beads I was given by friends at my Mama Blessing. If you scroll down, there is a post about that too. :) I know lots of moms where theirs during birth, but I see holding it more like a rosary almost. I think it will be great for using the non focused awareness technique I learned in Birthing From Within!

FannyHams said...

lovely darling. what a blessed space.
your birth is going to be amazing :)

Amy *aka willa* said...

Beautiful, Lisa!!!