Saturday, May 17, 2008

Spoiled mayo, not spoiled kids

I thought this deserved a post of it's own....

At dinner, Orion asked for some mayo to dip his chicken in. Ron said we were out, and I said I was sure we weren't unless he had used a huge amount when we were in CA. Then Orion said he had some...
...
...
So he runs to his play kitchen and brings back an open jar, with a plastic spoon still in it! Apparently it has been there since before we left! So it was quite gross. We told him it was spoiled and had to be thrown away. Talk about a natural consequence!

(OK, so I was a little mad. It was almost full and I hate waste. And it is hard to throw food away when you are 37 weeks pregnant and your husband has just lost his job. But it was funny at the same time.)

Part 2: Usually one or the other of us lays down with O at night. Last night it was me, but he started asking for dad and saying he wanted both of us. (I taught him the thing about us being the bread and him being the peanut butter, and he LOVES that.) Ron came in, and I said something about it being OK to spoil him a little these last few weeks....

Immediately Orion started crying and saying he didn't want to be spoiled like the mayo.

Hahahahah

No comments: