Sunday, June 1, 2008

Why I love the Westside

Went on a country drive today. This is something I have been talking about for a couple months, but I didn't think I was going to accomplish it when I had to go to California. But I decided to do it today after all. Part of the drive was on the Washington County Scenic Loop, but I ventured over to Yamhill County a bit as well. I originally wanted to look for places to seriously explore and do some photography, but I am having too much pain with walking for that. So I will have to look at this as a scouting trip as I saw some neat spots I would like to get back to some day.

Beautiful horse. These cows were cracking me up. There were three babies right next to the fence when I pulled up, but as soon as I got our of my car, they scampered away, cowering next to their mothers. All the cows just STARED at me, like what the heck are you doing here? I don't remember cows being so skittish.
Just a cool old house. I liked the flowers in front. This was right near Gales Creek IIRC.
Same purple flowers, but from another angle with a barn in the distance. I wish it had not been so overcast.
Also along the road in Gales Creek.
There are tons of wineries in this area. One of many hillsides of grapes. Made me want to come back in the Fall to really get some good photos when things are fuller.
I thought this one looked cooler in black and white.
These next two are a property along Abbey Road. I think it is part of the land The Brookside Inn is on. I was glad to discover it and would love to go there for a romantic overnight at some point, probably years from now LOL. I am a huge sucker for willows, too, so this was just beyond gorgeous for me.

The moody sky. This was the only one that had any texture in the sky.
I like this picture better though.
Barn with llama.

You can just barely see the yellow trees at the top of this picture. This was so cool looking it made me want to climb on top of the car to get a shot, but um, that will have to wait for sure!
Same area - I love rows of colored plants. So much potential, so little mobility hahaha. I actually took both of these out the car window.
This is an old building on Kings Grade. It was so cool looking - definitely the kind of place to explore more later.
One last shot because this just cracked me up. I should have taken the view in the other direction. This is at Bald Peak State Park. It is all foresty with several picnic tables, and then this little plastic playhouse was just stuck here - seemed totally bizarre and random to me.

It is so cool to live near so many farms and wineries. Sometimes I think it would be cool to live on the Eastside, but then I remember how blessed we are to be so close to these beautiful areas.

2 comments:

Amoreena said...

Aw, I don't blame you. The entire NW is a beautiful place, isn't it?

Anonymous said...

Those willows are so beautiful, I love the shot of the family up on top. You all look great.