Monday, June 16, 2008

Little Suma

Rose went home today, and we are all sad. Orion lost his playmate, and Ron and I lost our awesome helper and company. Our gratitude goes out to her. Those first couple days would have been much harder without her, and her generosity was amazing. She bought just about all our food while she was here and paid for our first month of diaper service. (And Chris is paying for the second - woohoo!)

At least we managed to get this shot with the tripod and timer before she left.

One of Grandma's other gifts:


This was declared a seatbelt.
Waterfall hehe.


And then I got a few more in the evening rocking with Daddy. My friend Jessica kept up with doing at least one picture a day for awhile, and I think that is a great idea!

LOL cross eyes
And the oh so common newborn one eye.
She is the mellowist active alert baby I have ever seen! <3

In other amusing news, the nickname Suma is now stuck in my head. Ron kept saying she looked like a sumo wrestler at birth, so the feminization just popped into my head. Of course Orion had like 20 nicknames in the blink of an eye, so I am sure she will have many more before we know it. :)

2 comments:

Earthmamagoddess said...

I totally do the same thing with nicknames, I end up with a million silly little things I call them.

How fun, I love it......

Rachel said...

When I first saw a picture of her on MDC I showed it to my dh and said "She had a sumo wrestler!"
:)
She is beautiful! And so is Orion. Beautiful family, all of you.