Saturday, June 21, 2008

One Week Today!

In honor of you being a week old, one of my favorite quotes:

Your first child teaches you the depth of your love.
Your second teaches you the breadth.

Of course, Akasha is my third child, but this will be the first time I have to juggle the needs of two little ones. I don't know where that quote came from, but I heard it at some point, and it really stuck with. I think so many moms wonder if they can possibly have the same amount of love for a new child, and it always just magickally happens. :)

I haven't checked in much about Orion. He seems to be doing great regarding the baby. He doesn't pay much attention to her. But he is acting out in other ways. He got mad at Ron this morning and threw something at me. :( He is very attached to Ron at this point, and I think we are going to have a really hard time when he goes back to work. He did ask to nurse a couple times, so we decided I would be the one to lay down with him at night, and we would let him nurse then, and see how it went from there. Indeed, it seems he has forgotten how to latch. He took a couple sucks and said "yum" and that was it. He did that for two more nights, and then last night didn't even want to do that. So I guess that is it. I think he is officially weaned.

I think he is doing fine all things considered. I am looking forward to feeling better so we can get out of the house. I just hope my back gets better and holds out for babywearing, because that is going to be key for successful parenting of two I think!

Things have been going mostly well. I was worried Akasha didn't seem that interested in nursing at first, but it seems to have really kicked in the last couple days. She is showing some fussy at the breast behaviors though, mainly on the right side. Hopefully the frenulum snip will help with that. Last night was straight out of hell, though, as I had some kind of reaction to something I ate. I am wondering if it could have been the Panda Express from two nights ago as that is the only thing we have really had different. I have never felt that sick in my life! For a couple hours, Ron had to take the baby. Luckily I happened to nurse her right before the worst of it hit. Then it seemed done and I have felt mostly fine since then thank Goddess. Miraculously, this was timed with her best night yet. She pretty much nursed and went back to sleep all night. I think I got more sleep last night than any night so far.


Not a great pic, but the only one I took today.
Happy Solstice Baby!

No comments: