Saturday, June 14, 2008

Akasha's First Day in Pictures

Warning: This post contains light nudity, so don't go forward if it will bother ya'!

We have decided on her name: Akasha Rose Prague

Akasha is the Sanskrit word meaning "aether" in both its elemental and mythological senses. In Hinduism Akasha means the basis and essence of all things. The source of everything that exists. It is one of the Panchamahabhuta, or "five great elements"; its main characteristic is Shabda (sound). In Hindi the meaning of Akash is sky.

Rose is Ron's mom's name, and was also the name of my step-grandfather's mother.

I still haven't had the chance to write up the official birth story, so I figure I will just make that a separate post. I wanted to get up some of these pictures, though. They span the labor, delivery and rest of the day.

Most of the pictures were blurry. I realize that is my own fault as I wanted the room to be just candles, so I had to accept we weren't going to get the kindof great pics I had at Orion's. I went ahead and used some of the blurry ones here, because they do still give an idea of what was happening. :)

Here I am in the giant tub. This was before any of the assistants got there. I think I look like the Buddha haha.

I was soooo tired as I only got two hours sleep the night before due to prelabor contractions already getting uncomfortable, and I look like it in this picture! I decided to lay on the bed to see if I could feel snoozy in between. That didn't last long....
Back in the tub. This was probably transition/beginning of feeling pushy. I love this picture because Ron looks so centered and in Reiki mode.
Blur motion baby! But the only pic we have right after she came out. Ron actually caught her although he didn't want to at first. He really had no choice. :)
Look, it really is a baby!


Nicole checking her out.
I woke Orion up with my roaring. He was freaked out at first, then decided to stay up and check things out.
Rose feeling the cord still pulsing.
I call this one: "Four Hours of Sleep"
First mom and dad shot. Blurry but all I have.
Getting checked out.
Almost topping out the scale!
Later on...

I thought this was funny. Rose was taking a picture as I was trying to get one on my phone for Sarah.
Little cherub.
Daddy's first diaper change.
Orion checking things out.
Wow, does Ron ever look tired. And yes, that is a sposie. We don't get our service delivery until Thursday. I have a few cloth right now, but as Ron is doing everything and doesn't really like them, I am giving him a break for a few days. :) At least we put a cloth one on for her very first one. :)
Grandma gets a turn.
Orion holds his sister - LOL bedhead.
Learning what to do.
Close up.
No, he was not choking her! He was actually giving her some sweet gentle pats.
Awwww.

12 comments:

Melissa said...

Lisa, thank you for sharing your gorgeous birth pictures. I know you are so glad to have had your baby before mine is due.
Welcome Akasha!

Melissa Zollner said...

Lisa, Congratulations! That is one gorgeous girl and such a proud big brother.... enjoy these sweet newborn moments. Well done, mama! Eleven pounds, holy smokes!!

Anonymous said...

These pictures are AMAZING! You are truly a birthing goddess, she is SO beautiful and chubby, and you look so strong and glorious during your labor. I love the shots of Orion and Akasha together. Please call if you want company or any help with anything at all (laundry, dishes?). I can't wait to meet our newest tribe member!!

Lyla Wolfenstein said...

oh lisa, beautiful pics indeed, my eyes were pouring from the first one! i am so happy for you all! welcome akasha!

Anonymous said...

wow! how exciting! congratulations! and welcome to the world, little one. (well...) )

Rebekah said...

That's a BEAUTIFUL baby, Lisa! And you are my HERO!!!!! Congratulations to your whole family!

Zenmomma said...

You are all so beautiful and glowing!Thanks for sharing the pics from the birth. They are so special.

Earthmamagoddess said...

I already told you this but seriously I am going to gobble up those cheeks!!! She is my kinda baby...looks like all my big babies too...scrumptious!!

Yes you are a Birthing Goddess, I love thinking about you roaring her out, what a welcome to the earth!

Your room turned out AMAZING!!!
Love to all, Ron is the sweetest thing I swear!!What a proud daddy

Amoreena said...

Beautiful! Congratulations! Thank you for sharing and I can't wait to hear all the details :)

Renee Cabatic said...

Lisa, thank you for sharing this amazing, beautiful birth. Gorgeous Mama, gorgeous baby, gorgeous family!

Lee said...

Congratulations and thank you for sharing those wonderful pictures!

rootsong said...

Lisa, CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm sure you guys are over there gobbling up your delicious babymoon. I am so, so happy for you! And I cannot believe how huge-mungus that baby is! Geez, woman, you sure can grow babies! Akasha is sooooo cute and yummy and roly poly. What an awesome job you did. :) Thanks for all the superb pictures!