Monday, June 23, 2008

My husband...

Lactivist...
Child Advocate...
Natural Birth Activist...

So Ron has taken to accosting strangers in stores. LOL, not really, but he has started several conversations recently. He talked to two different families looking at formula recently about the benefits of breastfeeding. Then he talked to a couple at Trader Joe's about why he wasn't yelling at Orion. He said the dad seemed more interested than the mom! He told them to go home and Google Alfie Kohn and Gordon Neufeld if they want more info haha.

But the biggest thing that has happened lately is his discussion of The Business of Being Born on a mainstream forum he mods. These are mostly younger folks, and alot of them actually went and watched it. One girl even said she couldn't imagine doing it any other way now!

And for today's picture, the first of many scenes like this I am sure. :)

2 comments:

Amoreena said...

Awwwwww go Dad!

EarlGirl said...

She doesn't look like a newborn in that picture! What a great dad your husband is. I hope this doesn't sound weird, but I'm so interested in your philosophies. I hope you don't mind me reading and commenting now and then. I'm having a little forum on my blog right now about personal truth, and I'd love to hear your thoughts. I know your plate is pretty full right now, but would you mind stopping by and sharing a little?