Friday, April 18, 2008

Errands, Errands, All Day Long

This was the day of errands, or so it seemed. First we met another MDC mom who gave us a bag of contour diapers. Woohoo! Then we went over to Nadine's for a little bit. She made some fabric into curtains for me. And we were dropping off some wool sweaters to see if she can turn them into soakers. Nadine rocks! Then I was off to a local Middle School to drop off a bunch of binders and folders from my purging efforts. I had posted them on freecycle and got contacted by a teacher who wanted them. Next it was lunch at Qdoba, one of Orion's favorite places to eat. And then...

... we dropped off our application at Living Wisdom! So we are taking the plunge. One of the women who works there told me she already put us on the roster for next year. She told me how much the director had liked both Orion and me, and how well they thought we would fit in there. Wow, was that nice to hear. :) She said they thought Orion was really centered. I thought that was hilarious, but then I felt bad because it made me realize how often I think of him in terms that could be perceived as negative, like high energy and short attention span. I mean, I don't really think of those as negative, but I guess I do think of them as the opposite of centered, whereas they have this idea about kids that has to do with how engaged they get in activities, and whether or not they do things for internal or exterior reasons. Hmm, sound familiar? Sure made me feel like we are on the right track! Also, the other day when I was on the phone with the same woman, she commented on how patient I was with Orion because he was talking to me at the same time and I was interacting with him. Haha, she should see me at bedtime!

But the most interesting thing that happened today was our conversation about vaccines. Since I had to turn in a $50 non refundable check, I thought I should ask and make sure it is OK Orion is only partially vaxed. I figured it would be fine, and indeed she said it was. In fact, she told me almost everybody there is either partially vaxed or not vaxed at all! So yeah, I think I am going to enjoy getting to know some of these parents. :)

Then we still managed to get to Trader Joe's before I felt like I was going to collapse. I came home and napped because tonight I am getting to go out late by myself for the first time in 3.5 years! Figured I better do it now as it will probably be another 3 years before I can do it again LOL.

No comments: