Monday, April 14, 2008

Crazy, eventful, surreal day.

I guess I'll start at the beginning. Orion has been complaining about a tooth hurting for a few days. It seems to be worse in the morning, then go away, and he also hasn't complained about brushing at night, so I didn't think it was anything major. He didn't complain at all this morning, so when I called Dr. Pike's office, I took the regular next available appointment, which was over a week away. Then around 11:30, he started screaming about it again, so I decided to see if they could squeeze him in earlier, and they said to go ahead and bring him in today.

And... my little boy has a crown in his mouth. It still seems totally surreal to me. Turned out one of his molars was so decayed he needed a pulpotomy and a crown. I knew I should have gotten him in sooner, but I didn't think anything major was going on. It turned out they had the extra time today, so they figured they would see what they could get done. The amazing thing is, he just laid there and let them do all the work like it was nothing! He had a little plastic snake he was holding and just looked at that pretty much the whole time. He got nitrous to get his shots and then walked around while getting numb and got right back up on the table for the work. I was stunned. At one point he did hold up his hand like they told him he could if he wanted them to stop, and he said, "Excuse me, Dr. Pike, this is really good music." My sweet, sweet, boy. The weird thing is, he cried almost the whole way home. I think it was the feeling of the coming out of numbness. I kept asking if it actually hurt or just felt strange, and he said it hurt, but I am not sure he really knew what I meant. He was fine later and the rest of the night.

So phew, as if that wasn't enough of a day, we also sold the Vanagon tonight. I am really bummed about it, but it was the right thing to do. The seatbelts aren't right for kids, but the bigger issue was that it was probably going to cost a bundle to convert it to diesel. This way, we should be able to pick up a diesel for me for even cheaper and get started using biodiesel right away. Also, the girl that bought it was really cool. She has been to Country Fair every year of her life and will really use it to travel around to festivals and such. She is an LMT, and her mom is a midwife. I guess I can still turn a boring wagon into a hippiemobile. Right?

Then later in the evening, I went to my first class of Cakes for the Queen of Heaven at church. They used to offer this every year in Thousand Oaks, but I never got around to taking it. The class is huge! It is exciting to see so much support for something like this, but it does make it a bit less personal. I am still looking forward to all the classes!

No comments: