Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Can my organizing be almost done?!

I have been working on reducing and organizing, oh, pretty much the whole house. It seems like it is going so slowly, but I am realizing all of a sudden that I am really pretty close to done. I was just thinking I should have done before and after pictures, although I would have been pretty ashamed of the before pictures. :) Here are some of the areas I am really happy with:

Above the fridge. I bought this little cupboard at Target so I can put our cleaning supplies in it and not have them look like a mess. This area was a mixed up mess before, and the cleaning supplies were under the sink, where Orion could get them if he wanted to. I wanted to get the kitchen to a place where there won't really be anything for me to worry about if I am napping on the couch with the baby or whatnot.
Orion's closet - the games and puzzles side. Oy, this area was really a mess as well. What I really like about the way it is now is that I wrote on all the wooden boxes and puzzle sides so I can easily see what they are.
The arts and crafts side. This area doesn't look quite so perfect, but it came a long ways! The important thing is that I have all this category together and several bins labeled.


Of course my original goal included the garage and the office. Those two are probably as much work on their own as everything else I have done! I kindof let those go at some point, though, and figure I will maybe get to them a little, or maybe I won't. Either way is OK. They can be my ongoing organizing projects since they don't really infringe on my everyday space too much.

No comments: