Saturday, April 12, 2008

Chick Petting Day... and I am totally brainless

We had the amazing opportunity to go out to a friend's house in the country today. She has a big piece of land and just got some new chicks. Orion was quite taken with them.

Here he is being handed his first chick as they were getting moved out of their bin to a cage. This was their first time outside!

Orion was enamored of taking them in and out, and in and out, and in and out of the cage. He was crawling almost all the way in there himself!
Cute little A with one of the peepers.
They were really cute when they would run around on the grass. This little one headed right back to be close to her mates.
"I'm ready for my close up Mr. DeMille."
O loved the chicks too.
He was Orion's best bud for the day. I didn't get any pictures of the two of them stalking enemies because I pretty much took whatever was closest to where I was sitting LOL. But it was so cool to again see Orion really playing with another kid. Owen is really into imaginary enemies, and I thought that was a great focus for Orion to learn. He followed him all over today!

"The Chick Whisperer" So began the beginning of the chick hypnotizing. It was funny because the chicks had been clearly upset when anybody else held them upside down, but this little girl was pretty much falling asleep in S's hand. Then some of the other kids tried to hypnotize chicks as well haha.
Orion trying his hand at butter churning, with a gluten free ginger snap in the other.
J working the churn. The finished product was soooo good.
The B pics.... He was a great subject because he doesn't move very fast hehe. Of course me not wanting to get up meant I didn't get the best lighting in many of these, but I still love alot of them.

Love the "story" here with the tipped over basket behind him.
Check out the Lil' Farmer action.
Zee train! Glad I snapped at least one of these quick since they only did it once. It was funny because A kept asking Orion to make a train on the slide. I didn't think he would do it, but he finally climbed up and got behind her. Then he wanted to do it again and she said no! Haha, he is learning about girls!
A day moon if you look closely.
Practicing throwing a ball through the tire.
"I did it!"
I loved watching the boys play with the hose because I felt like there was so much learning taking place. It was cool they found this pipe to put it through and experiment with.
Orion giving a snuggle.
Who would have guessed the doggy door would be one of the big hits of the day?
I just love both of these tough boy expressions. And the poised gun. I have come a long way in what I appreciate about boys. :)
Another favorite. J looks so serious and pensive about this silly situation.

So why am I brainless? I am officially scared of my preggo brain after today. I was supposed to lead our family covenant group tonight, and I totally spaced it. I had it in my calendar, knew I had to get something ready for the potluck, etc. and somehow in the last couple days got it in my head it was the following week. Thankfully my friend Jenn has offered to cofacilitate. I think it may be time for her to take over for a little while. Oy.

No comments: