Monday, December 15, 2008

Tanya is a Genius

Took me til the next day, but I have to note this down so I won't forget!

At one point when we were visiting yesterday, Orion walked by something and hit his foot. He was upset and screaming as he often does when he gets hurt. I have found he usually prefers to be left alone when he is like that, so I was very interested to see what was happening when Tanya started to gently lead him back to where he came from. She didn't need any words - that was all she did. And sure enough, it was just what he wanted - a "redo". Pure genius. She has a son around Orion's age, so I guess this is something she had figured out. It was so simple, and yet I would never have thought of it. All this time I thought he has been screaming when he is physically hurt, but turns out, at least in some cases, it is more about something "going wrong". Wow, I don't think I can even convey how taken I was by this simple action. Now, if I can just remember this the next time I he bangs into something and starts screaming....

3 comments:

Tanya said...

Oh my goodness - a post about me! I'm flattered! And yes, Logan is a huge do-over fan, so it's just par for the course in our house... I'm glad it helped Orion too!

Lisa said...

haha i wondered if you would see it. :) how's the snow up there?!

Tanya said...

Of course I saw it. :) As for snow, we've got probably a foot and a half on the ground now, almost up to my knees when we walk, and it's packed down some too! We've actually had a neighbor's car parked in our driveway for the last several days because they went into the ditch then couldn't get up the hill. Our postal lady also hurt her arm in an accident on Friday (think good thoughts for her) and her replacement went into a ditch today. My computer just failed but I'm trying to get some photos up on the corner crest site tonight or tomorrow. Roads are hazardous, but it's beautiful up here!