Saturday, December 20, 2008

Now that's some snow!

Wow! I think it snowed all night. This is the most snow we have seen since moving here! I had to take some pics first things in case in started melting off like the other day.

The balls are covered now.... And snow dog prints.
The front yard and lack of visible street.
Orion is unimpressed. I made peanut butter play dough in a ploy to get more protein in him. I was totally bummed he didn't like it, but I thought it was yummo. I think he took a couple nibbles, and he did play with it, so it wasn't a total loss.
So when we went for the tree, we had Orion in a couple layers of clothing, and he had no interest in being outside whatsoever. He also had some issues with the way the layers felt. So I thought this great snow was going to come and go with him not even getting to check it out. Then I remembered we still have a size 3T snowsuit I was saving. Ah, the benefits of having a skinny boy! He fit right in. It was just a little short in the legs, but I figured his tall rain boots would make up for it. Well, he did about 5 minutes of frolicking before snow started soaking through the gloves and was getting onto his wrists and legs. It was fun for a few minutes at least! We took some video I will add here when Ron gets it digitized.

Here is Kona saying, "Hey, where are you going? Play with me some more!"
"Fine, I will go frolic by myself then!"
OK, Take Two. My night owl decides he wants to go back outside, and my husband remembers how to they ghetto fabulousized their snow gear when he was a lad. Duct tape baby! Here is use number 304:


Into the Night....
Not only does it help keep the snow out - it's slightly reflective as well!
Ahhh, a victim!
The scoop...
... and the score!
Oh no, you are not coming in the house like that dog!

And then the snow eating began!



I can't believe how much snow he ate. It was hilarious. Of course this was amazing soft fluffy snow. Ron said it was the best snow he had ever seen!


Oh, and before I forget, Akasha's third tooth broke through. Second bottom incisor on the right. Little Three Toof she is right now. No sign of the fourth, so she is lopsided at the moment. :)

1 comment:

Jessica said...

totally adorable. I love the ghetto fab taping. smart indeed!