Friday, December 5, 2008

Holes and Fairies and Great Big Trees

The day started out with a funny conversation. Orion was noticing some holes in his shirt and saying he couldn't wear it. He has had issues with holes in clothes in the past sometimes, and I have always figured it was just a bit of his Virgo nature, but today I decided to ask him what it was about holes that bothered him. His answer shocked me! He said, "Well, people won't think I'm cool." What....???!!! Where did he get that? I am the last person to be concerned about clothes! I am wondering if there is more to it than that, but he doesn't know how to articulate it, so maybe he repeated something he heard somewhere? I feel sad to think he is already perceiving people get judged by their clothing. And the funny thing is, a holes have been trendy for awhile now! I told him that, saying, "Actually, holes are considered to be pretty cool these days." He seemed to be intrigued by the phrase "these days" and used it several more times throughout the day. He also apparently believed me because he decided to keep the shirt on!

Today it was on to getting out holiday decorations! We had several funny moments getting out angels, which Orion insisted were Christmas Fairies LOL. Guess my kid doesn't really have a clue what angels are!

He was quite taken with this plastic "invisible Santa" that comes apart in two halves.
Lots of fun getting into the boxes...
...and unwrapping things.
He was cracking me up because he would come around the corner with each item, saying, "Make way! Make way!" in this funny deep voice.
Later that night, we went to the Beaverton tree lighting. Are you ready for the excitement?



Was that just the most exciting thing you've seen all year or what?

And a still, just because.
They were giving away free jelly beans. Happy camper right here:

Miss Cute Sweater on a cold night.
OK, this is one of those pictures I started to delete immediately. I had picked up the camera and hit the button by accident with my hand in front of it. But then I realized how weirdly surreal it is. Just whose white gloved finger do you think I captured in the one little window?
Why, Santa's of course! Big hug!
Dinner at Noodles and Co. to warm up. Jelly beans and Izze in one night? Life is Good.
Akasha and the omnipresent drool

No comments: