Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Another Quiet Holiday

Our big excitement for the day was going over to Out of this World during the day. It was pretty crowded, but Orion had a great time. He went up into the tall play structure by himself for the first time. No hesitation at all, and he even used the really tall enclosed slides. I think those would freak me out a bit! It was a nice group there as well. Every other time we have been there, it seems like the older kids have been rough and kindof mean. Well, I guess I shouldn't say that about kids.... Maybe I should describe them as clearly lacking in getting to experience power in their home environment. :) But the kids today were great. There were several older boys letting the smaller kids go ahead of them in line, and one even commented on how cute Akasha was! Speaking of which, she was the belle of the ball. There was a Korean family there having a birthday party, and the girls were just in love with her. She had four of them all over her and asking me questions. I also saw a woman in a burka nursing her toddler and a boy who looked about 4! I thought it was interesting how it was clear she made an effort to have her arms and legs fully covered, but didn't seem worried about nursing in public at all.

We had a nice dinner - steak for Ron and salmon for me. Ron wasn't feeling too well, so we didn't do much else. We figured we would all stay up together, but Orion all of a sudden got very tired, so I think Ron might be ringing in the new year putting him to sleep!

No comments: