Thursday, August 23, 2007

Today is a Ventura day! I saw there was a homeschool group meeting at Marina park, so I decided to swing by there for awhile before going over to see Taira. Sure enough, my friend Ninette was there, which I was hoping for, so that was nice to chat with her a bit. The group is pretty much people with older kids, however, so I only chatted with Ninette a bit and left her to do her community building while I followed Orion around.

My beach boy!
Oooh, somebody left a great hole here - how nice of them!

Off to the base at Port Hueneme. Taira's husband has been in Iraq since April. :( They made this paper chain to represent how many days approximately until he gets home.
Or at least that is what she told me. Later on, I thought maybe it was a charm against zombies...
But no worries. Superhera Christina is on the case.
Or we could just turn on the television and hypnotize the zombies!
Nothing like a big salad and a cold one after a long day of fighting the evil dead.

No comments: