Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Phew

We made it CA!

The flight went pretty well. We got to the airport at a perfect time - not rushed and only about 15 minutes or so at the terminal. Our gate had a people mover right in front of it, so Orion pretty much spent the whole time going back and forth on it. Ron borrowed a little DVD player for us to bring on the plane, and that was a life saver as I decided to check the car seat, so there was really nothing to keep Orion seated. He was very impressed with his free juice and nuts haha. Quite the little traveler.

Rose and Jim picked us up at the airport, and we took the scenic route to Simi... Pacific Coast Highway to Topanga Canyon. Orion was doing something totally new on the drive. He kept saying he wanted to sing songs, and then he would just sing these crazy random words to some rambling tune. It was hilarious.

On a totally different note, it was weird to feel how disconnected I am to the Southern California environment now. Granted it was the end of August and all, but I think getting used to seeing hills covered with trees every day is part of my psyche now. The bare and dried out hills looked so ugly and alien to me, and it struck me pretty deeply how much I love the Pacific Northwest now.

On the upside of Southern California, we stopped and got El Pollo Loco before going to my mom's. Oh man, major yum. It's all about the avocado salsa I tell ya.

No comments: