Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Some final shots

Our visit is winding to an end.... I took one final trip out to see my friend Jenn in Agoura and stopped at an indoor play space in the morning as she had a client and couldn't hang out until afternoon.

This place is called Jungle Land - you will see why in a minute! Orion loves these things. Funny thing is , I haven't seen him on one in ages, and he is so big for them now! Push it back up...
Ready, set...
Go! Would you look at them dangly legs?!
View of plastic hell! Notice Orion has chosen the wooden train table. Haha, just kidding. He did plenty of plastic playing. In one of the previous pictures and in this one, you can see some of the cool murals.

And here is a really good one.
Then I grabbed a falafel plate on the way up to Jenn's. It was pretty neat because it was one of my favorite places to eat when I lived in Oak Park. It also just happens to be the same exact thing I ate the day I was in labor with Orion (and wondered all day if it gave me indigestion and I wasn't really in labor haha.) I think it dawned on me because today is so close to Orion's bday and here I was having the same meal! Minus the pita bread no of course.

Then on the way home I asked Orion if he wanted to go by the condo where he was born, and of course he said yes. Then I realized he might not have any idea what born meant. So I explained it was when he went from living in my belly to living outside of it. And he replied that he wanted to get back in my belly! hahahaha When we drove by, he said he wanted to go in, and I told him we couldn't because somebody else lives there now. And he said, "But I want to go in and see the pictures. There are cool picture of me on the walls." !!! Could he possibly remember that? He was just over a year when we moved out! He never ceases to amaze me!

Back at Grandma's. He loves to steal his Grandpa's spot.
Ah, my oh so negative mother. She was never much of a smiler, and less so now. :( Some nights she just has wine for dinner instead of eating. Other nights, she just has ice cream. Part of me thinks, so what, she is old, what does it matter? But then I think she has cancer and she should be trying to be ultra healthy. Ah well, she is stubborn and won't listen to anybody anyway.
Orion was sure fascinated with these doors that opened and closed around the TV. My mom finally gave up watching this one and went to her bedroom when she wanted to see something.
And tomorrow, we will be heading home. So looking forward to another LAX security experience!



No comments: