Monday, August 20, 2007

Hillsboro Farmers' Market

We finally got out to the Tuesday night Farmers' Market! Wow, I wish I had made the time to do this ages ago. I had heard about the live music, but I didn't realize where the stage was. The area was pretty enclosed, so Orion couldn't run off too easily!

Unfortunately, I didn't get many great pictures as I was in manual practice mode, but a few of them were OK. I was hoping to see some of my MDC friends there, but as luck would have it, we ran into this great family from church instead. They are unschoolers and have a four year old son that is a great playmate for Orion. He loves to wrestle in a really playful way. I am always worrying about Orion being too rough with the younger kids, so it was awesome to see him rolling all over the grass with a kid who I wasn't worrying about him hurting LOL. Too bad all the other pics were blurry, but I did get this cute one of the little monkey about to spring.

Ahhh, how I love a still subject... Gotta love the Portland subject matter, even in chalk art!
This was some sort of contest they were doing. I got there late and didn't know the details, but they were giving out various awards, and they had lots of extra chalk out for the kids to use.


My little artist at work.

In this shot, he was dancing on a stone block haha.
The church buddy.
Random cuteness.

No comments: