Tuesday, February 16, 2010

New Obsession

Well, I have discovered a new obsession I think... geocaching! I have heard of it before, but always thought the caches were only out on trails. Turns out they are all over the place now, including right in cities. Close in Portland alone has over 500!!! So I started researching caches to hit on our trip, and thanks to Rachele loaning us a GPS and me hitting the Dollar Store, we are set to have some adventures. We had to test it out tonight to see how it worked, so the whole family went on a walk late at night to walk to the nearest one, which turned out to be in a neighbor's chestnut tree! Orion was thrilled to score one of those little packages of Crystal Light lol. Not my first choice of prize, but it will be interesting to see what else we find in the "treasure boxes" as I am calling them for Orion. :)

No comments: