Saturday, November 29, 2008

The Narrator

Our day started out with a trip to the Saturday Market. I love to take the Max as the stop opens up right in the middle of it!

Little trainites:
Ah, the ubiquitous DS....

I was hoping to find a gift for Ron. I had something semi specific in mind, and didn't get quite what I wanted, but I did find a couple cool things I think he will like.

Later that day, Orion did something so cute. He has a site he likes to visit with animated cards. The Halloween ones are his special favorites. I noticed he was watching one while quietly narrating a little story of his own creation. I wanted to listen in but was afraid he would stop if I noticed him. To my delight, the next time around, he asked me to listen! It was almost like he was practicing! The best part? His beginning: "Once about a time..." It went on from there to pretty much follow the action in the card, but the fact that he did it was so cool to me. It showed, once again, that children are not just zoned out passive watchers when it comes to media, but instead can be inspired to creativity!

No comments: