Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I have a 20 year old!

Officially in a couple hours from now. Wow, I feel old.

What an amazing young woman Sarah is turning into. It has been quite a journey for her the last several years. I am sure it wasn't easy for her adapting to a new man in the house, then a new family and a move out of state. I think she always adored Orion - the age difference probably really helped with that - and she is thrilled to have a sister. But just a few years ago I would have said we have almost nothing in common besides our genes, and that has totally changed just recently. She is still not thrilled with my unshaved legs, and I still think she shouldn't stay so tanned, and there are many other things I could list on both sides! But there is much more common ground than I ever expected. She is just on the verge of what could be a really interesting career in public relations, and I am interested to see where the next few years are going to take her!

No comments: