Saturday, November 1, 2008

The Day After....

And so we head into days of sugar orgies I'm sure. :) Here is one he noticed as a favorite right away:
The haul!
Story behind this one. Since we were leaving, I wanted to leave a bowl out with a sign. Ron was so sure some teen was going to dump the whole thing, but I had faith in the kids! We have seen this at a couple houses every year, and there is always still candy in the bowl. Sure enough....
There was actually quite a bit more than this when we got home last night, but I forgot to bring it in and it stayed out all night. I am surprised how much more was gone considering how late we got home! And yes, I did buy the ghetto cheap candy from the bins this year. Maybe it would have been all gone if it was really good stuff LOL.

Orion was insistent I take another picture with this bite out.
Pumpkin seeds with jerk seasoning - they're pretty good that way!
And then it was time to head for a walk. I had seen a cool project with fall pressed leaves I want to try, and today seemed like a prime day. In fact, I am even thinking it might be a neat November 1st tradition...

Here is Miss Cute Hat:
I love fall! It is so beautiful around here! Our neighborhood is especially good for a nice variety of color. Here is the little collector with his bag.

It's raining leaves!
Just because.... They are so red they almost look like rose petals!
Making leaf angels. :)
This one was Ron's favorite.
It's just amazing what a thick carpet some yards have! This was actually over a lawn.
Not much longer to go....

The curbs are overflowing. I love this one.
And so did Orion I guess. :)
Hmmm, where is his bag?
Wonder if somebody else ended up carrying it...? Oh wait, that would be me!

Now I just wish I had taken the good camera. I need to start using it again at least some of the time. It is kindof a pain to lug around while carrying Akasha, but I would get so much better pictures!

No comments: