Friday, February 29, 2008

Lump Day and Cognitive Stuff

That is what I called it to Ron. Wow, did I ever come home from CA drained! There were some good parts to the trip, especially getting to spend alot of time with Sarah, but as always, having Orion at my mom's was a bit of strain. There is not much for him to do there and he gets into stuff that is a problem. Not to mention my mom must have said 50 times that she was never going to see us again and she was never going to see the new baby. I am still not really sure what is going on with her cancer. Apparently several doctors have told her she is beyond help, but now a new one wants to do a bunch of tests and work up a treatment plan. So I don't know what to think.

We pretty much lumped out on the couch all day while Orion watched TV or played video games, and I caught up on email and such. Since it was pretty uneventful, I figure this is a good time to post about some stuff Orion has been into lately. Both of these have been going on for awhile, but I just haven't gotten around to posting about them.

The first is rhyming. Orion LOVES to make rhymes. Sometimes it will be a series of short, real words or sometimes he will come up with several multisyllabic nonsense words. Both are pretty cute. :)

The other thing is a bit newer. He is recently fascinated with the concept of counting backwards. He asks me alot to count back from a certain number and is working on doing it himself. Neato keen. :D

No comments: