Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Is this really our last full day?

This trip did seem to go SO much faster, although it was really only a couple days shorter than the last two. Today was planned for mostly downtime, packing and laundry. But we also had dinner with my brother planned as we hadn't even seen him yet. Orion and I headed over there in the late afternoon to hang out a bit with Lisa and play with the dogs, which he always enjoys.

After Chuck got home from work, we decided on Thai food and headed out. What an interesting evening ensued.... Dinner was nothing out of the ordinary, except for Orion being a little monkey and not wanting to stay in his seat. Oh wait, that isn't out of the ordinary haha. The real adventure came when we tried to go home. We had taken one car, so I needed to drop Chuck and Lisa back at home, but we couldn't get there! My brother doesn't live in the best of neighborhoods, and apparently there was some major police activity going on as they had the streets blocked off for a really large radius. They weren't even letting people walk in! I offered to take them someplace to wait, but my brother thought he knew of a place they could hop a fence and get in. What the heck! I wouldn't have wanted to go in there if it was me! I wasn't really comfortable with that, but that is what he wanted to do. I told him to call me when they got in or call back if they couldn't, and I haven't heard from them yet. Wonder if they are sitting in a Denny's somewhere....

No comments: