Monday, February 25, 2008

My Talented Daughter

Sarah has always been a triple threat - smart, pretty and artistic. She was good in English and Math. She can sing, dance, act, draw and is a pretty darn good photographer. Her scrapbook pages and collages are amazing. And she also inherited my insane organizational flair. I don't think there is a gift the child doesn't have. Not that I think she has always put them to the best use, as if my opinion really matters haha, but lately she has been getting more focused.

She took painting and photography the year she came to high school in Oregon. I wanted her to enjoy it and take it easy, so I pretty much let her take whatever she wanted as long as it was going to get her to graduation. No surprise to me - she ended up having both a painting and photograph land in shows. Now she is taking more art in community college and talking about transferring to an arts school. There is a local place that has even offered to show and sell her paintings if she puts some more together! And she is back in photography this semester. When she was a kid, I used to give her disposables to use when I went shooting, and I was amazed even back then at what an eye she had! This could really be something for her if she sticks with it I think.

Which leads me to my CA Monday post. She and Josh were hanging out until Katie showed up. They figured they would work on their first assignment, which was to shoot color. It was pretty vague. The only thing the teacher said was no flowers.

Hanging out... Orion at the piano.
I took this because I love color shadows.
Here is Sarah with a disposable my mom gave her, asking her to take some pics of Orion.
Shadow face. I was trying to get a cute shot of him but not wanting to get up and move LOL. I was kindof annoyed at the shadow, and then I thought, why not just shoot the shadow! So it isn't a great picture, but it made it more interesting to me to think it was on purpose instead of just a crap picture haha.
Model boy.
I also took this of the underside of the slide. I think Sarah was using Katie's camera at this point.
Wee!
I found this bottle for them to shoot and then I found the cig package. Thought they made a nice still life together.
The rest are shots Sarah took with my camera while I went to my mom's store with her. None of them have been cropped or edited in any way. She took a bunch, but these are my faves. She loved this one because she was all excited about the little sun sparkles she got.
Nice composition I thought.
I adore this one because Josh totally rocked the, "Yeah, check out my cool ride," look. Not sure if that is what they were going for, but I thought it was hilarious.
Going for an unusual shot of Josh.
Top of a gnome statue.
She is on her way to stardom, dontcha think? ;)

Tonight, Josh and Sarah went back to LA with Katie, and tomorrow, we are off to see "the mansion" and go to the Farmer's Market for more shooting!

No comments: