Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Sad Day

This morning I looked for Ron's birthday present in the car and couldn't find it. I was totally heartbroken. I have no idea what happened to it. The only thing I can think is that I must have set the box down in the street when I put Orion in his carseat and left it there. So I drove back down to the area, hoping the artist we saw would be in the same spot and maybe saw it. No luck. I went into all the shops near where we were parked in case by some miracle somebody turned it in as Lost and Found. Again no luck. It was just enough money that I don't really feel like I can buy another one, and besides, it was the only one in the color I wanted. At least I did buy him something inexpensive I think he will find amusing at another place on Hawthorne. I told Ron about it, and he says it must not have been meant for him. He is good at looking at the bright side of things.

Tuesday nights have been slated as Daddy and Orion night. I usually go to an exercise class anyway, so I may take a little extra time for me. Tonight I just went to do some errands. Michael's was my first stop to see if they had something for Ron's cake, and I totally got sucked in. I bought some stuff for a craft project for Orion to do for a birthday gift, which helped me get out of my lost gift funk a bit.

Ron told me a cute story about something that happened while I was gone. Orion took the pillows off the couch and was jumping from one to another saying they were islands. That seemed like an interesting jump in thinking to me from seeing a show about one island.

No comments: