Friday, May 4, 2007

The Internet and Superheroes

As expected, the Internet will be our good friend in our unschooling journey, but today was the first time I actually looked something up in response to a question from Orion! He asked me several questions, the first of which is still my favorite. (Do elephants like apple pie? ROFL) But then he started asking what different animals eat. When he asked what meerkats eat, I wasn't sure, so I said let's look it up! And we did. Found a really cute meerkat site and got to look at all sorts of neat pictures.



Later that day was Ellie's cape photoshoot, and we got to pick up the cape I ordered for Orion. Here is the back:


That is an O for Orion, but it is cool that it looks like a big eyeball too! Going through my pictures now, I see I didn't get any good pictures of the inner fabric. It is an awesome design with planets. I will have to get a shot of it soon. So here is another random cuteness shot.

In the evening, there was a Beltaine ritual at church. It was a pretty casual circle, so Orion was kindof coming and going while Audrey followed him around. I found out one of the other moms had done child led weaning with all of her kids, who are teens and older now. It was nice to sit in a circle of people who are positive about extended nursing. Orion really took a liking to Audrey. On the way home, he said, "Audrey is my girl." Hahaha, not sure where that came from, but it sure was cute.

No comments: