Saturday, August 16, 2008

Magnolia Park

We finally got back over to Magnolia Park while the water was on! Actually, the day started with a trip to Big Truck Day, but Orion totally freaked at the horns, and we just left right away. It is really interesting to me how sometimes he reacts to noise and sometimes he doesn't. Like in the arcade, with a constant din, he was fine. He seems to be bothered by loud, distinct noises quite a bit though. Doesn't seem to fit the pattern I have heard about with other sensory issues, but I guess all kids have their own unique make up.

I didn't want to just go home since it is rare for us to all be out together as a family, so I suggested stopping at the park on the way home. Orion was talking to some other kid and told him all about how we tried to go see the trucks but they were too loud, and then he added, "We came here instead, and this is more fun anyway!" Glad he knows what he likes. :)

Happy, happy times:







Cool close up of the previous picture.

I love this one. It looks like he is embracing all the fun and energy of the day.

A bit of live action for you:



And a few different Akasha expressions.


We mostly sat on the grass. I guess it was a good thing the trucks tanked, because my back ended up really hurting today. I think this is the worst it has been. :( I guess Anita was right about it possibly getting worse as my symptoms might have been "hidden" somewhat by the relaxin at first. One of the things I can't do at all is sit with no back support while holding the baby, so I had to sit her in her car seat or lay down with her while we were there. I hope the chiro starts working and making some changes soon.

No comments: