Monday, March 10, 2008

Preschool Visit

I have been trying for awhile to find a Tuesday and Thursday program for Orion for next year, and I prefer a coop so I can be there as much as possible, but I am also hoping to find someplace he can be during La Leche League meetings, since it is hard not to be able to give him my attention at those times when he needs it. Also, he has been asking to go to school, so that was the main thing that got me thinking about it.

We already visited a place really close to us, but they don't allow babies to be brought on helping days, so that would be a big problem. Tonight was the open house for a Waldorf inspired coop not far from us. I had really high hopes after talking to them on the phone and seeing the pictures on their websites, but unfortunately I don't think it is going to work for us either. I was totally in love with the huge wooded area they have, but the room was really long and narrow, and I just think Orion would be bouncing off the walls in there. Also, he is only 2 days from the age cutoff, so he would be the oldest in the class, and the teacher was not sure that would be a great match for him after seeing his energy level. :) The problem is, even if they let him move up, the older program is MWF. I hadn't really thought the age thing through, but the more I think about it, the more I agree it is probably not a good idea. Sigh, scratch another one off the list.

No comments: