Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Could it be...?!

...that my boy is starting to develop some self control?!!!

I feel like we really had a landmark moment at Fred Meyers this afternoon. We had dropped something off at Jessica's and were on our way back home. I thought I would stop at the FM on TV Hwy since I needed a couple things and Orion likes their playroom. Well... it was closed. Grrr. This has happened several times to us during posted open hours and is really annoying. He was disappointed of course, but I told him we would go to a different one, and he seemed OK with that.

On the way out, I figured we would stop at the crap toy machines to perk up the lame visit, and the thing ate my quarter! Why today?!!! I could have gone into the store I suppose, but figured that was going to take forever and then they would probably just give us another quarter and not fix the machine anyway. Orion was crying at that point, so I empathized but said we were going on to the next store. After only about 30 seconds, he took a deep breath and said, "That's OK, we can get something from the machine at the other Fred Meyers." Wow! I had not suggested that, and he just came up with it on his own! My boy is growing up!

No comments: