Thursday, March 20, 2008

Happy Spring Equinox!

I got some cute ideas online for celebrating the Equinox with children, and expanded them into a little ritual. It was the closest thing to a "real" ritual we have done with Orion, and it went pretty well... thanks to the jellybeans probably haha. I decided to use colored plastic in the correct corresponding colors (well, pink for red anyway) for the quarters. Orion helped me welcome the elements, and we talked for a minute about Spring and the changes we are seeing in the weather and growing things. Then I passed around a little bowl of seeds and everybody put some in a pot of dirt while saying things they want to bring into their life. I had said a complication free birth and healthy baby, among other things, and then Orion actually said a new baby first! Awww. Then I had a bowl of jelly beans - one of each color for each of us - and we talked about all the things the colors could represent that were connected to Spring... and ate them of course! We closed by picking eggs and opening them to find Spring fortunes inside!


Then it was time for egg dying fun.
Ron doing a half and half egg.
Even Andy hung out for the family festivities.

When we were done, I was looking around to see if there was anything else we could dye. I didn't find anything, so Ron suggested Orion dye a finger. Yeah, that quickly turned into both his hands LOL.






Then the little Virgo wanted to try and wash it off.... Not so easy!

So bedtime was a little rough after the sugar, but it was a fun night overall.

No comments: