Wednesday, March 12, 2008

First Prenatal Yoga Class

I went to a prenatal yoga class today at an Iyengar place. I only found a few places around here, and then just two of them were at a time I could make. Ron knows alot about yoga and explained that the Iyengar style is all about props. He also said it was known for being more strenuous, so I was a bit worried haha, but I figured a prenatal class couldn't be too bad! It turned out to be great, although the squats against the wall were pretty killer. :o I think the props really help to take pressure off a big tummy. And the relaxing pose at the end was really awesome. They had us set up bolsters so that we were inclined and could lay on our backs. We also used belts to secure our legs into butterfly pose, with blocks supporting our thighs. It sounds odd and complicated, but it was sooo comfortable. Also, I guess I learned a few things in Centergy because the teacher even told me after class it looked like I knew what I was doing! I still want to try the other class, especially because the teacher is a physical therapist, but I am glad I found one that I like for now.

No comments: