Saturday, September 1, 2007

Orion's Third Birthday Party

Wow, what a day!!! I don't know what I was thinking having this party on the Saturday right after getting home from California. I got soooo behind. I didn't even have drinks in the cooler when guests started arriving and Ron was still building the steps to our new patio! It turned out to be a totally chaotic but fun day. I found out two things. Yes, our house can easily hold alot of guests using the downstairs room and spreading out. But no, you can't expect to do organized activities with a big group because there is no one area big enough for everybody! I just let alot of my expectations go and had fun. I only wish I had done it sooner, because I didn't end up taking hardly any pictures, and none at all until the end. But here are a few...

Mia and Connor checking out their loot bags. Connor has on a pair of the Blue's Clues ears I made. I also made little pawprint clues for the kids to take home, and several of them really seemed to like them, so I guess all the work was worth it! Crazy couch jumper
Joined by Jakey - now two crazy couch jumpers!
Maya chowing on fruit leather. Mmmm, the sticky goodness.
Sad this is the only picture I got of the cake. All the ones of Orion blowing out the candles were blurry. There was a little Blue figurine where the hole is LOL. That and all the candles were taken in short order for the frosty goodness.
I thought the ugly teeth might be a hit with the few older kids, and they for sure were!
Orion got so many awesome gifts! Cool posable wooden man in his right hand and adorable homemade sock puppet in his left.
Whoa, this bag is bigger than me!
I liked this pic cuz you can see the neat hand made cards he got from a couple kids. Note that one is even in the Blue's Clues theme! That one was from Connor I think.
This toy is so cool. It was on the wish list I made and I am so glad he got it. It has a bunch of little boards with a picture and the space for letters to spell the word. Then there are a whole bunch of little wooden letters you find to put into the spaces like a little puzzle.
And speaking of puzzles, a couple people got him wooden ones. He is so into puzzles right now, so I am happy we got to add to the collection.

Phew, that was fun, but I am so glad it is over.

1 comment:

Hippomama said...

Finally catching up on your blog - has it really been a month? Just wanted to letcha know that Connor really had a good time at Orion's party. He played "blue's clues" the whole week following. Thanks!