Monday, September 3, 2007

And Orion's Actual Birthday!

Ooh, more presents! I decided to save the few gifts we had for Orion until his actual birthday.

Aw, a card from Grandma.Oh my gosh, not another puzzle set! I actually considered taking this one back because he got cooler ones from his friends! But then I decided this one would be nice for taking places since it is small. I can always talk myself out of a return LOL.
The mom and dad card. Looks like he likes it!
Daddy reading it to him.
Wrapping paper. Oh yeah, I forgot paper is to be ripped haha.
His first real game...

...but oh wait, it is evil! So I got to thinking about how this is a milestone birthday because three is when some kids start playing board games. (Well, they are all milestone birthdays, but we like games. :) ) I didn't have time to research games for wee ones, so I resorted to buying one of the old classics, kindof as a symbol. Either I don't remember the artistic details of this game, or it has totally changed! I mean, I remember, well, Chutes and Ladders LOL. They are still there, of course, but they have added pictures of kids doing things. Like if you do something "good" you get to go up the ladder, and if you do something "naughty", you go down the slide. The inside of the box even talks about how they hope the game will teach children about consequences of good and bad deeds! I was horrified! I guess I shouldn't be surprised though as that is the predominant thinking in our society. My only consolation? If you look really closely at the picture, the kids on the slides look they are having alot of fun and the ones climbing the ladders look like evil little buttkissers. Hahahaha. Not that that is a great message for kids either, but appealed to my adult sense of humor.

No comments: