Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Starting Early

We decided to start our Fourth of July celebrations a day early this year. We actually still had a big box of fireworks from last year! And since we have plans to go out to dinner tomorrow for my birthday, and we will probably try to see some "real" fireworks, I figured it would be better to just get them out of the way. It worked out great because our neighbors are going to a Beavers game tomorrow night and decided they would do theirs too. Word spread to the neighborhood kids, and...



... we had quite a crowd! Here is daddy lighting and running away.
Orion intent on watching
Our stash in the process of getting used.
Mandatory pics of fireworks that never come out very well.

But here is my favorite picture of all! Orion and his first sparkler. Soooo cute.

The whole evening was quite lovely. All the kids were so kind to each other. Overall, the kids around here all love Orion and are so good to him. It warms my heart.

Have I mentioned I love living in a culdesac?

No comments: