Friday, July 6, 2007

Can Orion play?

So this has been a very weird thing for me lately. I just realized I wish I had blogged it the first time it happened because it is certainly a milestone in its own right....

We have lots of young kids in our neighborhood. There are two brothers that live around the corner but come to our culdesac alot to play with the girl next door. I am not sure of their ages, but I would guess around 4-5 and 7-8. Sometimes Orion plays with them all if we are outside at the same time. They are all really good to him - I am pretty sure I even made a post about it not too long ago (when they were all playing with squirt guns).

Lately, they have been knocking on our door to ask if Orion can come out and play! That seems so odd to me since he is only two! But really sweet at the same time. And bittersweet for mom, because it makes me feel like he is a real kid now, not my baby anymore. Can't I keep him small forever?!

No comments: