Friday, July 13, 2007

And finally, The Fair!

Oy, it took me forever to get these pictures in here...

Here comes the king! On the way into the fair.... This looked much cooler with the fabric hanging down around the sides, but hey, the kids enjoyed it like this. Orion and friends rode it in so much. I was worried he wouldn't want to, but it turned out to be a very good thing, although it was a bit tough to get through the crowds at times. That is baby Olivia with him, whom Orion calls Baby Bolivia haha.



Inspiration for teh van!


Finally at Chela Mela, lotsa folks hoopin it up.
Orion contemplating juggling.

Funky blue dude.
Funkier tiger dude.
Silly musicians.
Neat art pieces you can see across a stream from inside the fair.
I love this picture! Orion looks like he is sending out a little namaste, but he was actually clapping for a song that had just ended.

And then he found ice on the ground!
I guess that is the cold feet face.
Dancers, young and old.
More ice.


The solar fountain was Orion's favorite part of the whole fair I think. Now it's on...
Now it's not...
Now it is.... Lucky for you I don't have a picture for every time he did this.
And then there was the watermelon.... Hey Dad, look what I got.

So what, look what I can do!
Yeah well, I can do that too!



Cool aerial and contortion and etc. act. Too lazy to go look up the name right now


Orion is enthralled.
So is our friends' daughter, Mia. Too bad this shot is blurry. It would have been amazing.




Bye bye

On to another show. Nothing cooler than old guys juggling.
The stink eye as Ron calls it. Orion was busy with his rice cream.
Silly bit with three guys and one coat.
Mia getting her face painted. Orion declined. :(
On to the play area. I am going to tackle this thing!

Haha, I told you. I'm on top now!
Checking out the copper slide.




But the sand is always best.

Wow, how dirty can one kid get?
After the fair, we headed to my friend Hattie's for dinner. Her family recently bought 6 acres not far from Eugene! I am so jealous. She has chickens and everything. So they live in a trailer now, but she says they have never been happier.
She built that deck herself!
Her two kittens, stalking each other.
Orion in the garden.

Olivia tearing up the grass!
Said chickens, who have roosted in the tree above the coop. hahahaha
And they built a little nest in there. Hattie calls them her feral chickens.
More garden.
Wow, it's been a long day. This is what the boys did while we were touring the grounds. Hattie blamed her boys, but I don't know... Time to get back to camp and go to bed!


1 comment:

Lee said...

Loved looking at your pictures! I already miss the fair. Orion sure is cute!