Sunday, December 20, 2009

Solstice Story

This story was SO adorable, I just had to write it down for the sake of memory. It was like something straight out of a movie!

I went to church today to be a helper at the Solstice ritual they did for the kids. In the beginning, we went around a circle and asked everybody how they celebrate at this time of year. The kids said all manner of things: We celebrate Winter, Hanukkah, Solstice, Christmas, sometimes a combination. Near the end of the sharing, it was the turn of a young girl, she looked about 4. Our RE director said to her, "How about you? What do you celebrate in your home?" She smiled, and with no hesitation she said, "We celebrate every day!"

Blessed Be. I hope she never loses that magick.

And I hope you find it, if you are looking.

I know I am....

Happy Solstice.

No comments: