Thursday, July 2, 2009

Peachy Pig Farm!

I have been wanting to pay a visit to this place ever since hearing about it from Zoe. Too bad today turned out to be one of the hottest days of the year! I just wasn't in much of a mood to take pictures or pick fruit, but I did manage to get a few blueberries.

I bet this was the same kid that took Zoe and fam on the tour. His name was Kenneth, and he was quite helpful.
We did have one shocking and sad moment, though, when he picked up a big stick and whacked a pig with it because it was fighting with another pig, hard. It was just so unexpected. I am sad to think that is the norm on many farms, but it probably is.

These little nursing piggies were more my speed.
Some sort of toy graveyard it looked like to me.
Kenneth was telling us this old beast still runs, so they are thinking about donating it to a demolition derby!
Then it was time to rush home and get ready to leave for family camp...!

No comments: