Monday, July 20, 2009

Family Heirloom

Well, of sorts anyway. I was going through an old trunk in my parents garage and found two whole sections of original newspaper for the day Kennedy was shot! It was in fairly fragile condition, and I wasn't really sure what to do with it, so I asked around, and an old friend from high school really wanted it. Cool, almost feels like it stayed in the family. So I thought I should take a few pictures before sending it off, but cannot believe I forgot to get the front page!!!!! I thought I had - oh well.

It did have this famous photo in the insert:
And lots of other weird "signs of the time" type stuff.
Is this just creepy or what?
And what a gem this is.
There was also this great article about a psychic in LA that predicted the whole thing! I didn't get a good enough shot of that one though.

Also loved all the old ads. It was the holiday season after all. Consumerism must march on.

Don't forget them guns for the hard to shop for person on your list!

No comments: