Monday, July 14, 2008

One Month of Nicknames

Well, we made it through the first month! Why is it that things seem even more difficult lately? Isn't it supposed to start getting easier around now? I think there are a couple different factors contributing to this feeling....

First, Akasha has started doing alot more inconsolable crying. :( One night it was for a couple hours, enough that we were worried she might be getting colicky. I really am not sure what the deal is. I am going to be alot more strict about cutting dairy out of my diet, and there seems to be a pattern of more fussiness when I have had soy as well. I would like to be swaddling or doing more babywearing during the day, but it is too darn hot! Maybe she is just going to be one of those babies that is fussy for the first couple months, but I am hoping things will be better when the dairy gets all the way out of my system.

The other thing I am struggling with is feeling guilty about Orion. I figured it wouldn't be a big deal if he watched alot of TV and played video games in the beginning, but now that it has been a month, I am feeling bad about it. There are so many things I would like to be doing with him, but I just don't have the free hands. And I feel terrible we are wasting all this great summer weather just sitting in the house. Well... another reason to get better with the babywearing. Maybe I can get the back carry down so I can be more flexible. It is hard right now because her sleeping is so sporadic. It seems like she only catnaps most of the time during the day. Hopefully she will start falling into some more predictable stretches of sleep so I can plan to do crafts, etc during that time.

Here is her official one month portrait. :)

And as promised, the nicknames...

Scooter - because she likes to push with her feet to move around
Root n scoot - see above/rooting self explanatory :)
Squeaker - because she makes alot of squeaky sounds
Little Sister - also self explanatory
Pudge - a Daddy name, which he promised to stop before she knows what it means

So these next three are also courtesy of Daddy:
Super Pooper
Peepee Pro... what is it about men and elimination? This last one even had a jingle. One morning, Ron startded singing, "Akasha, the Peepee Pro..." and saying it was her super power. Huh?

Snart - a combination of Sneeze and Fart, which she did at the same time one day. He was saying he was going to call her that all the time and not tell her what it meant until she was older. Sigh.

No comments: