Thursday, July 10, 2008

Beaverton Fountains and the Sweetest Son Ever

Another outing? Look at me go! Although Orion doesn't usually go in the fountains here. There are perfectly good swings and a playground he likes better. We weren't here very long, but it was nice to see several friends.

I even have a nursing photo now thanks to Nicole!
A boy, a scratch, a tear....
Our day was cut short when Orion actually wanted to go in the water. When I went to take his shirt off, I popped the blister on his ear. :( The scratch was from a few days ago. Doesn't it make him look tough?

So I decided to teach him some good coping skills and offered him the candy corn I had in the diaper bag LOL. At least he was happy to share with Ciara.
Working the candy, but he still decided he wanted to leave.
Ciara and Ruby lovin' on Akasha when I set her down to get the sling on. I wasn't sure I was going to get her out of there!

When we got back to the car, Orion told me he had finally eaten enough candy to feel better hahaha. Then Akasha started crying, so he sang to her. It was so sweet, and she even stopped. I think it made him feel really good!

Bedtime was quite interesting. Orion said he wanted to lay down with me, so I went in with him for a little bit. He wanted another little nunu, which he hasn't asked for in at least a week, which pretty much means he takes a couple little sucks and is done. But I think it's really important to him to know that I will say yes. He said something like he can always have nunus because I love him, and then went through saying he loves me and daddy and sister, and daddy loves him, and all the other combinations. And I said Akasha was going to love him so much when she got older, but right now she doesn't even know what love means. So he thought about that and said, "Love means you want to be around somebody." So cute.

Then he wanted Daddy, but at least I got a little snuggle time out of him. :) When Ron came out, he told me Orion had said he knows I need to spend alot of time with the baby and that he wants her to have alot of milk so she can get big like him. Awwww.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

OH Lisa, Orion is just totally sweet. I can't believe how "old" he looks with his new haircut! and so freaking cute! Did I tell you that Moon started asking to nurse just as Orion did? I agree that they just want to hear us agree to it :) That little beautiful girl Akasha is growing up so fast. I would just love to see her soon. One day we will make it to an outing. Lanny hates the car and screams the entire time we drive somewhere, so I lack a real motivation... xo Jessica