Tuesday, July 8, 2008

First Outing!

I feel brave! We ventured out to Sauvie Island for the first time. We were meeting some friends with mostly older kids, so I thought it would be a good first venture. And it really was a pretty good day... except for the sand LOL. What was I thinking going to the beach? Sand is so annoying.

But the kids were great. Akasha did pretty well in the car, with only a couple short crying periods. After she stopped the first time, Orion even said, "I hope the baby doesn't start crying again." It was really sweet, like he was really caring about her and not just saying it because he didn't want to listen to her.

Orion went through a period when we first got to Sauvie of throwing wet sand and ruining stuff some kids were building, but then he settled into playing with Owen for most of the time. (They got into a little tiff right at first too, and it turned out Owen didn't recognize Orion with his haircut!)

I am bummed I didn't take many pictures, and none of Akasha, on our first outing, but I didn't really have the free hands! Here are the boys (bottom left) engaged in some sort of fantasy I'm sure.
And playing chase
And digging maybe? Not sure. :)
So I had to take some pics of Akasha when I got home! She even had this cute little outfit on. It's all about the gang hand signs at this age!

Akasha says, "Yo for comfy couches you can prop up in the corner!"

The one concerning thing about the day is that the Benz was getting really hot going over Germantown. Ron looked at it when I got home and couldn't figure out why, so I hope that doesn't turn into a problem down the road....

No comments: