Friday, January 4, 2008

The dreaded needle...

I had my amnio today and it went fine, although the doctor was making jokes. We really liked him, but I was thinking, dude, don't make me laugh while the needle is in! When he walked in, he said, "I'll be your tapper today." And then he was saying stuff like, "Thanks for the tip," when the tech brought the tip of the needle up on screen while it was in me. At the same time he was amazingly focused. She was moving ALOT today, and Ron said he could see how he was poised to pull the needle out as some of her movements were bringing her close to it. (I had my eyes closed.) Everything looked fine on the ultrasound, but I found out that if I do happen to be carrying a DS baby, many of the abnormalities might not show up until 24 or even 30 weeks. We had talked about factoring in some of those things because we assumed major stuff would already be noticeable, so I really hope we don't have to face any hard decisions. The rest of the day I took it super easy, and that is my plan for tomorrow as well!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.

Anonymous said...

Taking it easy sounds like a good plan, you've earned it sweet mama! :) I'm sending good thoughts to you and that sweet baby inside.