Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Quirky Orion Thing

I came across this at the end of the hall and my first thought was a simple, "Huh?" LOL

My next thoughts were along the lines of, "Isn't that cool? I see physics, manual dexterity, geometry...". What am I missing? It is odd little experiments like this with random items around the house that are one of the foundations of unschooling I think. Since I took this picture, he has added several other rubber bands in a variety of configurations. Today it is rubber bands. One day, maybe a suspension bridge. Or abstract art. Or something I have never even thought of. :)

1 comment:

Nichol said...

That is awesome! I love the way their minds work. I found 10 different sized and shaped containers of water frozen in our freezer the other day. After asking what they were for the kids promptly told me that they were making blocks of ice for ice sculptures!