Thursday, June 10, 2010

Big Orion Art Catchup

Some of these are from awhile ago and some are more recent. Orion has been fascinated with the concept of the Goddess and talks about it all the time, mainly the concept of her creating the world. I especially like questions like, "If the Goddess made the world, then who made the Goddess?" and "Why did the Goddess make mosquitoes anyway?"

One night he wanted to draw pictures of the Goddess, and he started with this one. The dots at the end of her fingers are magic he said.
Then he drew this one and wanted me to add some writing to it. He was very specific that her name was Ellic, and wanted me to write the explanation about how she can change her head shape from a triangle to a circle. The things coming out of her body are wings. :)
So then he asked me to draw one - I am no artist so just tossed something out lol - but he had an addition to make....
Um.... yeah, he was very specific that he added a yoni. I think his perception of that is a bit skewed maybe?

A few more random ones. I think it is so funny that this image of a TV is still part of our consciousness although they don't look like that anymore.
These are vikings singing in a show lol!
Spoon, plate, fork... with a sausage of course.
One of my favorite drawings of his ever because of the explanation that went along with it.... "This is a ghost in a party hat. At first the people were scared, but then they weren't, because after all, who would take a ghost in a party hat seriously?"
A rare multi color drawing. Those folks look like they are going to have a hard time eating this meal from those chairs.
Another awesome explanation on this one! I asked about it and he said, "This is the kind of picture that can be whatever you want. It's up to the person looking at it." Whoa, the kid already gets abstract art!
Some more recent Goddess. I like he put a little something on the belly, I think because that is where I had put the spiral and talked about that spot of the body also being a magic generator. I didn't get a chance to ask about the lines and dots above the head. I did notice the tongue and asked if this was the Silly Goddess and he said yes. :)
So next was a double tongued goddess - twice as silly I guess. I just love to see the themes develop in these pictures, like the magic sparkles and spirals.

No comments: