Sunday, January 4, 2009

Proud to be a Black Sheep!

A good friend of mine just had a birthday and had a small get together. She did one of the cutest things I have ever seen - she gave her friends a gift. And what a gift! We are all pretty much into the same kind of parenting, which isn't exactly practiced by the mainstream... so sometimes I think we do feel a little out of step when we are out there in the "real world". Or at least I do. :) So what better symbol of walking our own path in society than a black sheep! But even black sheep have friends sometimes....
It is so nice to be together in a community when we can manage it and feel connected. And... one of the lovely mamas knitted Akasha this rockin' hat! Like literally overnight. I mentioned she didn't have any knit hats, and she just whipped this up without even telling me! I think it is so adorable. Reminds me of sprouts!
This picture cracks me up because Akasha is getting kissed and pulling hair at the same time! Owwwww!
My girl loves her some hair!
Happy girl! This is her face after just being lifted in the air.
Phew, so now I am tired but happy. It is wonderful to have good friends. :)

No comments: