Saturday, January 17, 2009

Another Season Begins....

Yes, I'm talking about American Idol folks. And yes, I watch it. I even watch the auditions. Not sure why, because parts of them piss me off more every year. I really hate the way they set aside the very worst and the very best. It is just a stupid waste of the judges time, and why? So the rest of America can laugh at them? Sorry, it just isn't funny. And some of the people are really hurt when they get rejected. But we watch it anyway. Mainly because they do some really interesting background stories on the people they do put through. It is often the ones they suspect are going to do pretty well, so it is nice to see a bit of their story. And then, every once in awhile, they do something awesome and amazing. Watching a new year start, I am reminded of Sherman Pore. In my humble opinion, this was the greatest American Idol audition ever:

No comments: