Friday, January 9, 2009

My first attempt at freezer paper stenciling...

This week has just disappeared. Besides my niece being in the hospital, another friend's son was in the hospital. I meant to post these pictures right after Sarah got them, but I am just now getting around to it. There were some of her Solstice gifts:
The one on the right is the same design the awesome Rachele used to make a shirt and jumper for Orion and Akasha. I knew Sarah would flip over them because she has a great love of the Om symbol, and indeed she did. Akasha's jumper is light and dark purple stripes with this same exact purple paint for the stencil. I asked Sarah what she would want if I tried to make one, and she said a lavender tank with the dark purple symbols. It took me awhile to find tanks in a nice shade, but I finally found these online at Jockey. The one on the left was a surprise since I wanted to do something a little diferent than the one she knew she was getting.

Then I used the same stencil to make this other little surprise for her:

I picked out a paint as closely matching the tanks as possible and made her this matching box. She really uses little boxes like this alot, so I know it was a good surprise! Fun to finally post these now since I didn't want to before Christmas in case she read here and saw them!

1 comment:

Jenn Crowell said...

Look at you, all crafty! I could never get stencils/decorative painting to work, I always made such a mess.